Our projects are fun AND help the environment! All projects require adult supervision so ask a grown-up to help you out.
A great gift idea that uses recycled items from your home!
What You Need:
- Lids from margarine or yogurt containers
- Old greeting cards, postcards, fabric, wrapping paper or magazines
- Water-based sealer
What You Do:
- Place a lid over top of a greeting card, magazine page or piece of fabric and trace around the lid with a pencil.
- Cut out the shape you just traced and glue it to the lid. Repeat on as many lids as you like.
- Another option is to cut out many tiny pieces of greeting cards, fabric or magazine pages and glue them onto the lid the way you would if you were making a collage.
- Finally, once the glue has dried, you have to seal the coasters with a water-based sealer to protect them from moisture.